SPS will be holding its 2nd Arts-Science Festival in Malapascua Island, Cebu from May 11 to 15, 2014. The Festival teaches children and teens marine conservation through creative forms and promotes creativity and appreciation of nature outside the four walls of a standard classroom.
Join the fun and spend your summer with a dynamic team of sea lovers and give back to Mother Nature! We are looking for Cebu-based volunteers who can teach the following subjects to elementary and high school students:
2 volunteers for Marine Ecosystem
2 volunteers for Climate Change
1 volunteer for Hydrology
1 volunteer for a videographer
1 volunteer for Musical theatre
Volunteer teachers must:
- Submit their proposed 3-day syllabus and culminating activity to Project Manager Aphol de Vera at apholdevera[at]gmail[dot]com and savephseas[at]gmail.com by Thursday, March 20
- Have classroom management skills
- Contextualize lessons to fit the local setting (Malapascua or Cebu)
- Incorporate various interactive activities per session (e.g., games, fieldwork around the schools, experiments, group work)
- Conduct pre- and post-surveys to gauge knowledge and progress (Day 1 and 3)
- Assign an output (e.g., simple project, essay, etc.)
For good samaritans out there who would also like to join our cause but won’t be able to fit in the Festival’s schedule, we are also open to sponsors.
Should you have questions or suggestions, feel free to send us an email or contact us through our social media sites.